MT Digital Sdn Bhd (co. no. 1337698-T) takes your privacy seriously. We are committed to safeguard your privacy while providing you with valuable online services. This policy describes how we collect and how we use and protect your Personal Data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself, but it is necessary for us to collect your Personal Data when you perform the following online services in our websites:-.
- Place an advertisement
- Get a quote for insurance, finance, car warranty or vehicle inspection
- Value your car
- Subscribe our magazines
- Participate in our forum
- Participate in our market survey
- Participate in our chargeable service
In order to perform the above services, you must register as a user and the information which you volunteer to submit and supply such as your full name, I/C number, date of birth, postal address, email address, mobile number, home or office number. You are required to supply your car registration number, make and model, year of manufacture, insurance renewal dates when you request for valuation of your car, insurance and finance quote. When you make any payment online, bank and credit card information are collected over a secured connection approved by Bank Negara Malaysia only and registering for this service you consent to this transfer of information.
If you choose not to register your Personal Data, you may still use most of the site available on this Motor Trader web site.
We collect information about users during the registration process and through participation in our promotional activities, forums and polls. In addition, our server automatically logs information about your preferences according to your preferences as provided by you, including your IP address and your browsing behavior through the site. This logged information is only in an aggregate form, and no individual user is identified therein. The aggregate data allows us to analyze site traffic and better understanding how we can improve efficiency and value of our services. Our web servers do not automatically identify individual users or record information regarding a user's e-mail address unless the user supplies them.
USE OF INFORMATION
We will take reasonable measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely. All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal details herein are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' details except if required by law or regulations. Our sites contain links to partners or other third party websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such websites Please take note that we can accept no responsibility for the contents of these sites.
Amendments and updates to this policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be informed of any changes.
User contact details
User telephone numbers and email addresses supplied as part of an advertisement will be published during the relevant duration of the booking period, this is to enable potential buyer to contact the seller. All details supplied to us with your on-line advertisement will be safeguarded save and except for cases under fraud and criminal offences. Where advertising packages include additional benefits your agreement to these terms and conditions includes consent for your Personal Data to be used by others to provide those benefits.
User contact details and other information supplied during registration process are used for purposes mentioned as below:-
- Send administrative notice from time to time, including user password reset and subscription renewal notice.
- Send notification of winning bids. Buyer and seller contact details will be made available to both parties to conclude auction transaction.
- To generate overall audience profile of users visiting our website.
- For billing and debt collection.
- Send user emails or postal newsletter or promotional offers from our selected partners that we believe may be of interest to you provided that the user has opted to receive such notification.
Notwithstanding the User contact details provided to us will generally be kept confidential, you hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your contact details to the following parties in Malaysia and/or overseas:
- any company under the Proto Malaysia including those established in the future;
- our business partners and affiliates that provide related products or services in connection with our business;
- our lawyers, consultants, debt collection agencies, credit-reporting agencies, accountants, auditors or other financial or professional advisers and service providers;
- our third-party product or service providers or sub-contractors as we may deem necessary;
- statutory authorities, industry regulators and government agencies; and
- any party to whom we are required to do so under law or in response to any competent or government agency.
Kindly be informed that if required for any of the foregoing Purposes, your Personal Data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any party within or outside Malaysia including but not limited to companies within the Proto Malaysia group including the respective licensees, agents, business partners and/or service providers and under confidentiality and security conditions.
Bank account and credit card information
Bank account and credit card information is used solely for the purpose of payment processing. Motor Trader retains no record of user bank account and credit card details.
We advise you to only select the "Remember me" option if the computer you use is not shared with others.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, and/or message boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Data. We respect freedom of speech and request that users respect one another in exercising said freedom.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you may email us at email@example.com